© D-Force 2019
- Background image
Copyright Pexels on a Creative Commons License
- Student images from Workshop events
All rights reserved. We have permission from schools and parents to use images of children participating in the workshops on the website, and in the brochure promoting D-Force. NO OTHER USE IS PERMITTED.
- D-Force logo
All rights reserved.
- D-Force Learning Materials
Schools may make unlimited copies for the purpose of teaching students about the dangers of methamphetamine.
D-Force complies with the Victoria Government Information Privacy Principles.
The Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 defines Information Privacy Principles to which this site is subject, and provides for complaints and penalties for interfering with personal privacy through the Privacy Commissioner and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Private information will not be used for any other purposes than those agreed to by you. We will not disclose your private information to a third party, except as required by law.
Collection of Information
D-Force gathers the following information:
- visitor logs and statistics
- information provided by users through online forms, registration, databases and feedback
- information provided by users for inclusion in the D-Force Program (e.g. games designed by students)
Visitor logs and statistics
To assist D-Force in providing the service, the following information is collected:
- visitor server addresses and domains
- the times and dates the site was visited
- the pages visitors accessed and files downloaded
- visitors’ browsers and operating systems.
The purpose of collecting this information is to provide statistical information used for service improvement and system administration. The additional information does not identify individual users but does identify the computer that is used to access our site.
Logged information is not disclosed outside of D-Force staff or those under contract to maintain web server components.
Information that you provide to D-Force through the D-Force website is acknowledged to be your private information, and remains your property. Where you have submitted content explicitly for inclusion in the D-Force Schools’ Program, we will use such content with your permission, and with acknowledgement of you as the source of that content.
By staying up to date with current security practices, D-Force makes all reasonable efforts to protect your private information from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration and loss. There are, however, risks inherent in the nature of the Internet, and D-Force cannot absolutely guarantee the security of data transmitted via its website. To minimise risks, the following steps have been taken:
- Information transmission is over a secure https link, and subject to High-grade Encryption (AES-256 256 bit).
- Information is stored on a dedicated server in a secure environment that is monitored twenty four hours a day, and seven days a week.
- Secure back-ups of data are maintained to prevent loss.
- Security updates are implemented as they become available (e.g. as provided by operating system suppliers).
Your role in protecting your private information
You have an essential role to play in protecting your private information.
Please ensure that:
- you choose a secure password to access the D-Force Service that is at least eight characters long and contains a mixture of characters and numbers.
- you do not record your password in a way that could lead to its discovery by an unauthorised person.
- you log out of the password protected area as soon as you have concluded your immediate use of D-Force. Even if you only step away from your desk for a moment, you should log off, to protect the private information.
- any information you transfer to another medium (e.g. spreadsheet or print-out) from D-Force is stored and disposed of in a secure manner.
Cookies and web scripts
A cookie is sent from our server and automatically placed on your computer without notification. Personal preferences or information may be stored in the cookie, which is then sent back to the server on completion of the session. Cookies may be turned off within your browser, however, this may make some features inactive.
Pages on this site are coded with scripts from Google Analytics. This software stores a cookie in your browser, which contains a unique identifier, and sends information to Google Analytics. This enables Google Analytics to track the number of unique visitors to this site. In no way does this unique identifier identify a user personally.
Comments about this Statement
We welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you require any further information, or you believe that this website has not adhered to this Statement please contact us immediately using our online form, postal address, or the email address shown below.
Attention: Information Security
PO Box 39 Breamlea 3227 Victoria Australia.
For more information, see:
Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000
D-Force has supplied these materials in good faith, based on information known to us at the time of production. To the extent permitted by law, D-Force and its employees, agents and consultants will not be held liable for any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance on, the Information or Products it supplies, whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission. If any law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, D-Force limits its liability to the extent permitted by law, to the re-supply of the Information or Products.
Website Design and Construction
Boojum Pty Ltd – Web solutions for people involved in positive social and environmental change. www.boojum.com.au